Roadmap to an Energy Efficient Home
At California Energy Services, we believe that each and every one of our customers deserves to live in a healthy, energy-efficient home. It’s not uncommon for people to simply not know where to start when it comes to boosting energy efficiency, which is why it can be so effective to work from a well-defined roadmap. Our team is ready to help, and now is the perfect time of year to start moving forward with making valuable home upgrades.
Step One: Home Energy Assessment
The first step in boosting home efficiency is to identify “problem areas” that need to be addressed. These include:
- Air leaks
- Insufficient insulation
- Heating and cooling system inefficiencies
- Lighting inefficiencies
- Water heater issues
Our technicians are adept at identifying problems such as those listed above, which give us the baseline we need to work from in order to boost efficiency and prevent energy loss from occurring. Once our home energy assessment is completed, we’ll create a post-assessment report with detailed information to help inform your decisions about which types of work to move forward with.
Step Two: Dive Into a Retrofit!
There are a number of upgrades that can be made in order to take your El Dorado Hills home to the next level, including the following:
- HVAC Upgrades - Save up to 54% on heating and cooling costs!
- Lighting Retrofits - Upgrade your lights to CFLs & LEDs.
- Appliance Upgrades - Upgrade to low-flow showerheads and water conservation products.
- Air Sealing & Insulation - Block unwanted air leaks from occurring and save 15% on heating and cooling costs.
- Duct Sealing - Seal your ducts to get the most out of home heating and cooling.
- Insulation - Replace your old, dirty and thin insulation with high-performance materials.
Once you’ve made the right upgrades, you can expect to enjoy a more comfortable, energy-efficient living environment for you and your family.
Step Three: Consider Going Solar
Looking to take things one step further and move towards zero-emission electricity? Look no further than installing a top-quality solar system from CES. Our solar equipment requires little to no maintenance and allows you to save on your energy bills while even potentially generating passive income. With the current 30% federal tax credit still available, there’s no better time than now to go solar.
Don’t wait around—let California Energy Services help put you on the road towards true energy savings! Contact us today to learn more or to schedule an appointment.